Business Intelligence Intern
Appromoters is a scale-up mobile marketing agency based in the heart of Amsterdam. We pride ourselves on our ability to spot young talent and get the most out of their potential.
The industry is fast-paced and ever-growing. The industry itself is only several years old, which means the game is constantly changing, which may seem challenging to the uninitiated, but those with keen eyes can spot where the opportunities lie. Online marketing drives so much of what companies do in the modern, digital age. We are in the eye of the storm, buying and selling ad space to devastating effect!
What we're looking for is someone who will help us organise and make sense of this rapidly evolving industry and assist us in making informed decision about the direction and scope of our business practices.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Researching new ways to improve efficiency at the company and maximise profits.
- Maintain databases/datasets, and use this information to find a) growing areas to exploit and/or b) how to cut costs and increase capital.
- Support the sales team in decision-making and provide them the tools to grow their client base.
- Provide the whole company with updates on progress and profitability.
The kind of candidates we're looking for are:
- Confident in decision-making
- Committed to the cause
- Knowledgeable in Excel
- Fluent in English
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, and able to maintain several tasks and projects at once
Ideally, you would also have the following skills:
- Experience with Tableau, SQL, R and/or other data management languages and tools.
- Another foreign language, particularly Asian languages.
- Experience in data management.
- Advanced Excel training.
What our company has to offer:
- Invaluable experience in an otherwise cut-throat field.
- An international and all-English environment, with colleagues from all four corners of the globe.
- Versatile training that is applicable to many industries, including customer relations and fraud detection.
- Freedom of input - if you see a better way to do something, we're all ears!
- An opportunity to work in a relaxed scale-up atmosphere, where you're more than just a number.
- Pay is based on number of days worked, and is negotiable (based on experience). An example of an entry-level salary would be €450 for a four day work week.